Important things to know
1. The purpose of this calculator is to estimate the expenses you may incur as part of everyday living.
2. This calculator is intended to provide general information only. It is provided by ClearView Life Assurance Limited ABN 12 000 021 581 AFSL No. 227682 ('ClearView') without taking into account your particular objectives, financial situation and needs.
This calculator is a financial model and cannot accurately predict how much insurance you might need. This will depend on:
This calculator generates factual information based on a limited range of issues and uses a set of assumptions to give you an indication of how your choices may affect the outcome. These assumptions and limitations are stated below.
- all of your personal circumstances (including your particular objectives, financial situation and needs); and
- unpredictable external factors.
3. While this calculator can be a useful tool, the information produced does not constitute a recommendation or statement of opinion about insurance and it should not be relied on for the purpose of making a decision in relation to a financial product. This calculator does not consider all of your personal circumstances and you should consider obtaining advice from a financial planner before making any financial decisions.
4. No assurance is given that this calculator is free of errors or suitable for any user's intended purposes.
Assumptions and limitations
The assumptions used to calculate the result and the limitations of this calculator are set out below. There is no guarantee that the assumptions are appropriate for your circumstances or accurately predict what will occur. You should also consider the limitations carefully as these will impact the result.
1. No allowance has been made for any taxation or levies as this will depend on your personal circumstances.
2. When a value is entered for a weekly amount, the monthly figure is calculated by multiplying the weekly value by 52 and dividing it by 12.
When a monthly value is entered the weekly rate is calculated by multiplying the monthly value by 12 and dividing it by 52. It assumes 52 weeks per year.
3. The total values are the sum of expenses entered within the calculator.
4. No allowance has been made for any income received. It is only a calculation of the expenses entered.
ClearView consider these assumptions are reasonable as the purpose is to provide general information only.
If your actual situation differs from the assumptions made, then the calculations may differ from your actual amounts.
ClearView Life Assurance Limited ABN 12 000 021 581 AFSL No. 227682 issues life insurance products. Before deciding whether to acquire a ClearView product, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), available online or by contacting 132 979 for details of the terms of the relevant product, including costs and exclusions that apply.